Rocket Division Software

CD/DVD/Blu-Ray/HD-DVD recording, iSCSI and AoE (ATA-over-Ethernet)

[ 7 posts ] 
AuthorMessage
 Post subject: StarBurn error
Posted:

Hi ,

Can you let me know please what exactly the error is specific to?
StarBurn_ISO9660JolietFileTree_ImportTrack error, en=5, status=87, text=CStarBurn_ScsiTransportSPTI::ExecuteCDB(): DeviceIoControl() failed, status 87 ( 0x57 )

Thanks,
Gouse

Post subject: Re: StarBurn error
Posted:
Site Admin

Device I/O Control error "invalid parameter". Provide full log so we could say more.

Rocket Division Software

Posted:

Thaks for the replay.
I understand the error code indicates invalid parameters. But not quite sure why this reporting the error. The doens't haapen all the time. It occurs randomly once or twice in a week.
I have attached part of the logs from my application and the snippet of the source code.

When ever the fail occurs, it occurs in this function

StarBurn_ISO9660JolietFileTree_ImportTrack(m_dvdBurnerGrabber, iso9660JolietFileTree,
lastTrack,
TRUE, // using Joliet, see above
( PCHAR )( &exceptionText ),
sizeof( exceptionText ),
&status
);

Thanks,
Gouse

Thanks,
Gouse

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted:
Site Admin

What you've attached is not StarBurn log. Check the FAQ on how to generate one and provide us with it to proceed.

Rocket Division Software

Posted:
Site Admin

...could be an issue with huge files import (3,000+) fixed in the most recent version. On your place I'd wait for V12 release to check will it make the difference.

Rocket Division Software

Posted:

Thanks Aton,

When i observed, for the last two occasions the fuction failed when there are 830+ files to import.
Presently i am using StarBurn 7.2 version. Can you let me know what was the files limit in 7.2 version please?

Thanks,
Gouse

Posted:
Site Admin

I don't know, probably the same 3,000 files (actually it's a bug and not a limitation) as ISO9660 engine did not change for ages... And we don't support anything less recent then 10.5 in any case. With V12 on the skyline using 3 years old version is a crime.

Gouse wrote:
Thanks Aton,

When i observed, for the last two occasions the fuction failed when there are 830+ files to import.
Presently i am using StarBurn 7.2 version. Can you let me know what was the files limit in 7.2 version please?

Thanks,
Gouse

Rocket Division Software

[ 7 posts ]