Rocket Division Software

CD/DVD/Blu-Ray/HD-DVD recording, iSCSI and AoE (ATA-over-Ethernet)

[ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
 Post subject: Re: Windows 7 Drive is not ready to burn.
Posted:
Site Admin

It's not in 10.5 you need 12 for it. Ask if you did not get a download link for preview version.

Rocket Division Software

Posted:

Hello Ben,

You can download the StarBurn SDK v12 Beta from our ftp:

ftp://storage:[email protected]/StarBurnSDK/StarBurnSDK%20V12%20Trident%20II%20Build%2020100110.exe

Note:
- you should update reference on StarBurnX for your application.
- this new version need new key. We will sent you this new key by e-mail.

Regards,

Dmitry

Posted:

Alrighty, I have 4 computers 2 of which I use for dev and the other two for testing and personal. Two computers have windows 7 and the other two have xp. On the Windows 7 dev computer the starburnv12 registers fine however on my dev xp computer and other two personal computers it does not register. Is there something I am overlooking? Everything works perfect with v 10.5 on all computers, but not with v12. I've un registered, registered, changed paths, tried without SPTD and with SPTD installed (probably doesn't matter), etc but still does not register. Any Ideas?

Ben

Posted:

Hello Ben,

1) " .. StarBurnX does not register .. " - does it mean that regsvr32.exe displays error during registration?

2) Do you register the x32 version of StarBurnX ?:)

Regards,

Dmitry

Posted:

Hi Dmitry,

I found out what the problem is. I was registering Starburnx12.dll just as I was with Starburnx.dll, however unlike Starburnx.dll I saw in the C:\Program Files\Rocket Division Software\StarBurn SDK V12 Trident II\Bin\Core\StarBurnX\x86\ folder a starburn.dll library. So once I saw that, I figured it was required for the starburnx12.dll to be registered.. and it was. So now everything is all up and registering ok (on this computer). Thank you, I will let you know if the new library and SPTD work with the burning problem we are having.

Ben

Posted:
Site Admin

Not sure about what burning problem are you talking about. I though it's componen registration issue you've sorted out, isn't it?

Rocket Division Software

Posted:

Hi yes the recent issue was getting the component registered, but the problem in its entirety has been the "drive is not ready to burn" error that more and more of our customers have been receiving. The updated library and using STPD is supposed to fix that as you have suggested from earlier posts. None of the customers are answering their phones so will just have to wait until I can test it out on one of the problematic computers.

[ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2