RDS - software that rocks!

FAQFAQ             

how to burn a MDS to DVD

RocketDivision.Com Forum Index -> StarBurn SDK
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AuthorMessage
Acidtech

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: how to burn a MDS to DVD

I used GrabDVD to create an MDS of a Data DVD(Plextor Tools DVD to be precise). How do I burn this MDS image to DVD+R now? I only see SessionAtOnce(and looks like now DiskAtOnce) support for MDS. I thought DVDs had to be burned using TrackAtOnce. I tried using SessionAtOnce and get an "Invalid Response" error so I assume I'm correct in thinking DVDs can't be burned with SAO. I haven't tried using DisckAtOnce for MDS files yet but the new DisckAtOnceFromFile sample says I can now use that for MDS files. Could you confirm that and tell me how to burn this DVD image? Thanks.
anton (staff)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: how to burn a MDS to DVD

DVD MDS created by StarBurn could be only emulated by DVD emulator (Alcohol 120%, Damon tools and StarPort, this one would be included as redistributable to the next StarBurn release). They *CANNOT* be recorded back to DVD (as they have scrambled data). You may only create ISO image with GrabTrack and burn it back to DVD with TrackAtOnceFromFile API call. Would work for unencrypted DVDs of course.

Acidtech wrote:
I used GrabDVD to create an MDS of a Data DVD(Plextor Tools DVD to be precise). How do I burn this MDS image to DVD+R now? I only see SessionAtOnce(and looks like now DiskAtOnce) support for MDS. I thought DVDs had to be burned using TrackAtOnce. I tried using SessionAtOnce and get an "Invalid Response" error so I assume I'm correct in thinking DVDs can't be burned with SAO. I haven't tried using DisckAtOnce for MDS files yet but the new DisckAtOnceFromFile sample says I can now use that for MDS files. Could you confirm that and tell me how to burn this DVD image? Thanks.

Rocket Division Software
Acidtech

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject:

I'm not interested in encrypted DVDs. I just wanted a simple way to copy any unencrypted DVD.
anton (staff)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject:

In such a case use GrabTrack to create ISO image of DVD and use TrackAtOnceFromFile to burn created ISO image.

Acidtech wrote:
I'm not interested in encrypted DVDs. I just wanted a simple way to copy any unencrypted DVD.

Rocket Division Software
Acidtech

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Ok. thats what I was doing I just wanted confermation. As for DAO MDS burning I found this

//
// Try to burn ISO/sound/MDS image to the disc as CDROM XA (MODE2 Form1) or CDDA (CD digital audio) in Disc-At-Once raw P-W mode
//

in the DiscAtOnceFromFile sample. Does this mean it is possible to burn an MDS using DAO? If so how do I setup the DAO_DISC_LAYOUT?
anton (staff)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject:

No. It's for CD MDS images only.

Acidtech wrote:
Ok. thats what I was doing I just wanted confermation. As for DAO MDS burning I found this

//
// Try to burn ISO/sound/MDS image to the disc as CDROM XA (MODE2 Form1) or CDDA (CD digital audio) in Disc-At-Once raw P-W mode
//

in the DiscAtOnceFromFile sample. Does this mean it is possible to burn an MDS using DAO? If so how do I setup the DAO_DISC_LAYOUT?

Rocket Division Software
Acidtech

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Thats what I ment. Can I use DAO to burn MDS images of CDs and if so how(just set the mds filename in the DAO layout structure)?
anton (staff)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject:

You may use RAW SAO + SUB to burn MDS CD image. Check SessionAtOnceRawRawPW sample.

Acidtech wrote:
Thats what I ment. Can I use DAO to burn MDS images of CDs and if so how(just set the mds filename in the DAO layout structure)?

Rocket Division Software
Acidtech

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject:

I know I can use SAO RAW to burn MDS images(with drives that support SAO Raw which is very few). What I noticed was that the DiscAtOnceFromFile sample talked about burning MDS images as well. I wanted to know if it was true I that DAO can burn MDS images now and if so how?

This is on line 1249 of the DiscAtOnceFromFile.c sample.

//
//
anton (staff)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject:

You may burn single session data images in DAO. Just pass MDF (companion to MDS) file name to DiscAtOnceXxxFromFile(...).

Acidtech wrote:
I know I can use SAO RAW to burn MDS images(with drives that support SAO Raw which is very few). What I noticed was that the DiscAtOnceFromFile sample talked about burning MDS images as well. I wanted to know if it was true I that DAO can burn MDS images now and if so how?

This is on line 1249 of the DiscAtOnceFromFile.c sample.

//
//

Rocket Division Software
      RocketDivision.Com Forum Index -> StarBurn SDK
Page 1 of 1