RocketDivision.Com Forum IndexRocketDivision.Com
RDS - software that rocks!

FAQFAQ             

Cannot add more files to CD-R

RocketDivision.Com Forum Index -> StarBurn SDK
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AuthorMessage
Brock

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Cannot add more files to CD-R

Hey guys,

I'm trying to figure out a problem several of our customers are having and am looking for some help. Occasioanlly, on certain drives, it seems that multi-session disks are not working. The disk can be burned several times but then it will just stop working. No more files can be added to said CD-R.

I cannot reproduce on my system but a co-worker had it happen a while ago and not since. He kept the CD-R that could no longer be burned and i have debugged trying to add new files to it.

When importing the old tracks, one of the tracks cannot be imported because of the function StarBurn_ISO9660JolietFileTree_ImportTrack fails with EN_MEMORY_ALLOCATION_FAILED . This is the only error i get during the burn process but still the file does not show up in windows explorer.

If you want me to post the debug log.. i can.. it's 7200 lines tho.. and im not sure what parts of relevant.
alexander (staff)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Hi!

Yes, we need a log to see what's happenning exactly, please send it to .

Regards,
Alexander Orlovsky
Brock

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject:

alexander (staff) wrote:
Hi!

Yes, we need a log to see what's happenning exactly, please send it to .

Regards,
Alexander Orlovsky

Sent some logs this morning
Brock

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject:

I think this problem is fixed tho in newer version of starburn tho.
anton (staff)
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject:

You'll get your new key later today (or tomorrow morning) and we'll see... I'm not sure yet.

Brock wrote:
I think this problem is fixed tho in newer version of starburn tho.

Rocket Division Software
Brock

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject:

I just got a computer from a customer that is exhibiting this problem today. I collected logs.. maybe i can send you these logs too?

Also.. i have more information. I am able to burn a couple files to a CD successfully before it has problems (one file per burn). It seems that on the third or fourth "session" before it starts to have problems. After that point it burns about half of the file to disc.. and has an error around the time of closing the session?
Brock

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject:

I checked the firmware on this drive and I think it is the latest. I noticed some people who have this drive have changed the firmware to the Lite-On SOHR-5239S firmware. Do you think this is a possbie fix?
anton (staff)
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Maybe. Sounds like the drive sometimes produces coasters and import session code goes crazy (some read junk impoperly interpreted). Either firmware fix would help or it's just device laster "going South".

Rocket Division Software
      RocketDivision.Com Forum Index -> StarBurn SDK
Page 1 of 1