RocketDivision.Com Forum IndexRocketDivision.Com
RDS - software that rocks!

FAQFAQ             

StarSkin + Outlook 2000 freezes system

RocketDivision.Com Forum Index -> StarSkin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AuthorMessage
denis

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: StarSkin + Outlook 2000 freezes system

Hello
Begin 12/2004 I purchased StarSkin Premium and installed it on my system that runs with Windows XP sp2 (fully patched and updated).
Although StarSkin works well and is satisfying, it seems to be incompatible with Outlook 2000 (registered and with al patches and updates). With StarSkin installed (with or without Premium skins), every time I want to start-up Outlook 2000, my whole system freezes completely in a second and after even waiting an hour or more nothing changes so I have to reboot by turning of power.
I already tried un- en reinstall of Outlook 2000 and idem for StarSkin but the problem persists. As I don't wanna give-up Outlook 2000, StarSkin is somehow useless for me ...
Anybody familiar with this problem ? Does someone how to fix this ?
Thanks in advance and best greetings
Denis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: StarSkin + Outlook 2000 freezes system

Do you have "theme emulation" enabled? You may wish to turn it off. At least for Outlook 2000. Usually it helps to avoid problems with old (pre-XP) applications. And I'd upgrade to Outlook 2002 or 2004 in any case Smile

denis wrote:
Hello
Begin 12/2004 I purchased StarSkin Premium and installed it on my system that runs with Windows XP sp2 (fully patched and updated).
Although StarSkin works well and is satisfying, it seems to be incompatible with Outlook 2000 (registered and with al patches and updates). With StarSkin installed (with or without Premium skins), every time I want to start-up Outlook 2000, my whole system freezes completely in a second and after even waiting an hour or more nothing changes so I have to reboot by turning of power.
I already tried un- en reinstall of Outlook 2000 and idem for StarSkin but the problem persists. As I don't wanna give-up Outlook 2000, StarSkin is somehow useless for me ...
Anybody familiar with this problem ? Does someone how to fix this ?
Thanks in advance and best greetings
Denis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Hello,
Disabling "theme emulation" does not solve the problem. I might upgrade Outlook 2000 or use another e-mail programm, but I'd be much hapier if it could work with Outlook 2000.
Anyway, thanks for your response.
Greetz
alexey (staff)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject:

Anonymous wrote:
Hello,
Disabling "theme emulation" does not solve the problem. I might upgrade Outlook 2000 or use another e-mail programm, but I'd be much hapier if it could work with Outlook 2000.
Anyway, thanks for your response.
Greetz

Uncheck "Emulate Theme Support" or Add Outlook 2000 to the black list.
Find its EXE file and add it in the list with the caption "Do not emulate theme support for the following"
      RocketDivision.Com Forum Index -> StarSkin
Page 1 of 1