RDS - software that rocks!

FAQFAQ             

Task Bar skin disappears on startup
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

RocketDivision.Com Forum Index -> StarSkin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AuthorMessage
Jeanna

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Task Bar skin disappears on startup

I downloaded StarSkin and am thinking about buying it, but my Task bar becomes "unskinned" everytime I restart my computer. The applications seem to stay skinned, but the task bar reverts to a windows classic interface.

Any idea why this is happening? I'm reluctant to buy if this is how it will work
Thanks
serge (staff)

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Hello.
What themes are you using? Try to download more themes by clicking "Get more themes" link on Themes tab. Changes apply when "Apply" button is clicked, no restart is required.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: It happens to me too

I purchased the "Pro" version and the taskbar loses its skin every time as well. I am using the "ForeverBlue" theme.

When the computer reboots, the StarSkin app loads, and other screen elements still appear to be skinned, but the taskbar reverts to the old "Windows 2000" style. Also, the preview window in the StarSkin app looks strange. I capture a screenshot next time I reboot and post it here.

Frustrating to have to re-apply the skin every time I restart!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject:

Hello.
Download StarSkin version 2.4.4. This release includes many bugfixes and impovements. The bug you described is fixed in this version.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Task Bar Styles

Every thig was working fine for a month or so and this moring my Task bar becomes "unskinned" everytime I restart my computer. The applications task bar seem to reverts to a windows classic interface. I'v uninstalled every thing and reinstalled 2.4.5.5 and it's still doing it! I even deleted the uxtheme.rxp to. HELP!!!
I'v updated this from 2.4.5.1 to 2.4.5.4 and now 2.4.5.5
amd XP3200 WinXP = service pack 2

My Other PC ! Same prob but allway been that way!!

alexey (staff)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Task Bar Styles

Hi,

I will contact you by e-mail.

Have a nice day,
Alexey
apalsson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Could you contact me as well on the exact same problem.

alexey (staff)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:51 am    Post subject:

apalsson wrote:
Could you contact me as well on the exact same problem.

Ok.
parish

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:13 am    Post subject:

Could you email me as well and tell me how to fix this its sooo annoying to have to reapply every time i restart and sometimes it wont reaaply even
alexey (staff)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject:

parish wrote:
Could you email me as well and tell me how to fix this its sooo annoying to have to reapply every time i restart and sometimes it wont reaaply even

ok.
bobelmore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Taskbar not using large itext mode

The taskbar wil lnot change from wind xp style and text & icons will not change to large style. Add me to the list with the same problems
anton (staff)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: Taskbar not using large itext mode

Looks like it's time to sort this issue out. Alex, don't you think so? Evil or Very Mad

bobelmore wrote:
The taskbar wil lnot change from wind xp style and text & icons will not change to large style. Add me to the list with the same problems

Rocket Division Software

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject:

I had the same problem Running with SP2 on version 2.4.5.5 got so p155ed off that i uninstalled starskin.

Would dearly love to re install it but just loses the taskbar skin and no matter what i do no skin will apply - other than default microsoft ones

Help !!!
alexey (staff)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Anonymous wrote:
I had the same problem Running with SP2 on version 2.4.5.5 got so p155ed off that i uninstalled starskin.

Would dearly love to re install it but just loses the taskbar skin and no matter what i do no skin will apply - other than default microsoft ones

Hi,

Do you have a registered version or free one?

Regards,
Alexey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject:

Same problem here. When I re-boot or turn off the computer, the skins are gone when the computer boots back up.

Email:
      RocketDivision.Com Forum Index -> StarSkin
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3