Rocket Division Software

CD/DVD/Blu-Ray/HD-DVD recording, iSCSI and AoE (ATA-over-Ethernet)

[ 2 posts ] 
AuthorMessage
 Post subject: iso image to big to burn onto dvd
Posted:

Hi,

I was trying to backup a few of my dvd's using starburn and the ripped .iso image of one dvd is approximately 7.5gb.
All of my blank dvd's are only 4.7gb so when I try to burn the .iso onto the blank dvd, Starburn gives me an error stating "The image file is too big to burn onto the selected disc."

Is there any way I can possibly burn the .iso onto 2 separate blank dvd's? Or can I delete the menu from the .iso to shrink down the size? Or is there a way to compress the .iso to fit onto the blank dvd?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: iso image to big to burn onto dvd
Posted:
Site Admin

You can use freeware recompression tools (like Shrinkto5) and burn smaller resulting image with the StarBurn later.

rosh93 wrote:
Hi,

I was trying to backup a few of my dvd's using starburn and the ripped .iso image of one dvd is approximately 7.5gb.
All of my blank dvd's are only 4.7gb so when I try to burn the .iso onto the blank dvd, Starburn gives me an error stating "The image file is too big to burn onto the selected disc."

Is there any way I can possibly burn the .iso onto 2 separate blank dvd's? Or can I delete the menu from the .iso to shrink down the size? Or is there a way to compress the .iso to fit onto the blank dvd?

Thanks

Rocket Division Software

[ 2 posts ]