Rocket Division Software

CD/DVD/Blu-Ray/HD-DVD recording, iSCSI and AoE (ATA-over-Ethernet)

[ 4 posts ] 
AuthorMessage
 Post subject: Problems burning CD's. DVD works fine.
Posted:

Using StarBurn SDK V10.5 (Tomahawk) with Delphi 2007.

I have an application that burns Database Backup's (DB is compresssed into 1 file). After creating the file, I compare the file size to the amount of free space on the CD (via StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_GetDiscFreeSpace) to make sure there is room to write.

If I put in a blank DVD, everything works fine.

If I put in a blank CD my application reports that there is no free space on the CD. If I use the DataBurner sample to copy a file to the CD and then try my application, everything works.

So, I'm guessing that there is some kind of CD initialization that I need to do in order to write to new CD's. Can you point me in the correct direction? Also, is that only necessary with CD's? I would have thought that there were no differences between CD and DVD.

Thanks for your help - Luke

Post subject: Re: Problems burning CD's. DVD works fine.
Posted:
Site Admin

Use GetTrackInformation with "invisible track" wildcard to get free burnable space.

Rocket Division Software

Posted:

Thank you that seemed to work but I wanted to make sure that I am calculating correctly.

When I did the StarBurn_CdvdBurnerGrabber_GetTrackInformation with the "invisible track" info, I get returned the number of Free Logical Blocks. I then multiplied by 2048 to get the free space. Is that correct?

Posted:
Site Admin

If you're expecting to burn data disc - yes. For audio you need to multiply by 2352 and for video for 2324 bytes (that's why size is calculated in logical blocks and not in bytes - as we have no clue what exactly you're going to burn).

Rocket Division Software

[ 4 posts ]