Rocket Division Software

CD/DVD/Blu-Ray/HD-DVD recording, iSCSI and AoE (ATA-over-Ethernet)

[ 7 posts ] 

Do you need general information for burning and grabbing in StarBurn SDK help?
Yes, I need all possible information in one place, including standards description and references, tables, structures etc. 81% [ 22 ]
I just need a deeper description of all technical terms referenced in the documentation. 11% [ 3 ]
No, I think StarBurn SDK documentation should only describe StarBurn interface. 7% [ 2 ]
Total votes : 27
AuthorMessage
 Post subject: StarBurn SDK documentation poll.
Posted:
Site Admin

Just wonder if you care about general burning information...

Post subject: A documentation idea
Posted:

Hi,

As someone who has pretty much been turned off buying this product by the intimidating 714 page pdf and 6700 line C# sample, could I suggest that maybe you have two different documents?

- One document that outlines just the interface, for those of us who don't really care a lot about burning as long as it works. Of course it still needs explanations of error return codes, paramaters and so on.
- Another document with all the data structures and so on.

If the documentation contains all the information, but is organised well enough that it's easy to find just the interface info without having to trawl through the underlying structures, that would be fine too, but would be much more difficult to do.

A smaller (saner) piece of sample code would be great too. It'd probably be easier to write my own burning code that work out what the 6700 lines of code in form1 do.

Cheers,
Justin

Post subject:
Posted:
Site Admin

1) You don't really need to use PDFs. They are for printing only. Indexed compressed HTML help is for everyday use.

2) Plain C and Pascal samples (console) are 1000-1500 lines of code (with A LOT of comments, so actual code is MUCH smaller in size). They are quite easy to understand even for the beginners.

Rocket Division Software

Post subject:
Posted:

I was reading this. But could not vote for this poll. So posting my opinion on this topic, I am new to programming and not professional user like others. So posting my own opinion.
I am using Starburn SDK it's really worth evrything is available here. First of all the forum help is very good, quick, satisfactory. Samples provided are very good. For new programmers like us they are very useful. Thanks about that. Really that's great.
But I think documentation need to be really updated. Yes, we do need all possible information in one place, including standards description and references, tables, structures etc. We are finding a lot of information on wiki, various websites. But what to follow we don't know. Many of them are some old posts, so about current standards, description we don't know rather don't read & follow.
If we will be clear in advance about, What we should follow and how anything is designed. So we will not ask you some of the obvious and funny questions. We are asking them because we are not clear with concepts and hence searching on net reading some half information and expect you will answer for the questions we are having in mind and posting. And expect you to clear our concepts. Whatever you are discussing is correct but some times concepts are not clear. So again after some time someone else is asking with the same question.

I guess I was clear with my opinion.
Thank you.

Post subject:
Posted:
Site Admin

Accepted! Thank you!

Rocket Division Software

Post subject: Re: StarBurn SDK documentation poll.
Posted:

Hello Sir,

Any updations or modifications with the help are done?
Before the final release if any help file will be provided then we can get an idea of newer help and if any other suggestions or requirements are there we can ask you.
Will you please kindly provide us updated help?

Post subject: Re: StarBurn SDK documentation poll.
Posted:
Site Admin

We'll update the whole bunch of documentation just before V12 release this summer.

Rocket Division Software

[ 7 posts ]